Saturday, September 17, 2011

Things I Miss:

-Tomato and cheese sandwiches (although let's be honest, I'm bringing that food staple home!)

-Meeting new people everyday. And then learning their entire life story before realizing I for it to get their name. Happened a lot.

-The complete freedom to go wherever I want and do whatever I want. Now I have to go to school and have responsibilities which is way less fun.

-Aimless wanding around new places

-Crystal clear sea water. Or really any sea water.

-Trying new awesome food in the places where it is actually from

-Wandering past ancient ruins and landmarks so much they become unimpressive ("oh yeah, that's just the Colosseum, I see it everyday")

-Carrying everything I need with me on my back. The actual carrying wasn't so great but it made me feel very self-sufficient.

-Trying new things like snorkeling, driving an ATV, and, once again, awesome food. I know I can continue to try new things but the opportunities were so frequent and I had all the time in the world to try them.

-Trying to communicate with people who don't speak your language. I didn't think I would miss it but it was kind of a fun challenge.

-My new level of fitness which I will inevitably loose within the next three weeks.

There is probably more but that is all I've got at the moment. If you think of anything that I am forgetting to miss, please let me know!

Up next: Backpacking tips

No comments:

Post a Comment