Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things I'm excited to go home to:

In honor of my upcoming return to the states, here is my first end-of-trip list. I'm probably missing something but here are some things I'm looking forward to stateside:
-my own bed
-dressers/closets (I've never been so excited about putting things away in my life)
-my friends and family (brief sappy moment: thank you so much to all my friends and family for being so excited for me and supportive of this trip and also for being generally awesome! Wouldn't have made it without you)
-being legal (I know I'm legal here but I have been for ages so it doesn't really count)
-Indian food
-sushi
-bagel sandwiches
-not having to worry about language barriers
-soap in the bathrooms (hostels seem to think this is not a necessary ammenity)
-chips, salsa, and margaritas (I told you it was going to be all food)
-my laptop
-my car
That seems anit-climatic but it's all I've got. Mostly I miss people but it would be lonfpg and annoying to list all of you and then I'd forget someone and everyone would be mad at me. So it's your fault the list is so short.
   Coming up: "Things I will (by the time I post it'll be "do") miss about my European adventure," "favorite locations for European adventuring," and maybe even "Best ways to pass time in airports" if you're really lucky. Going to bed now, I have to get up at 5:30 because we have to get up super early because Delta wouldn't let me check in online. My dad says this is because I entered my name Amy L Wicks in one place and Amy Louise Wicks in another. I think that is a dumb reason and that it is probably because I am on a List. So that'll be interesting. Here's hoping I make it home instead of getting detained by security due to the T word!

No comments:

Post a Comment