Saturday, August 6, 2011

Livestock and Tiger Suits

Greetings from Dublin again! Sorry I'm the worst blogger in the world! Here's the update on the last few days.

I was in Doolin for three days. It's a really cute little village and our hostel was really adorable with stone walls and a donkey out front. The owner, Karl, is a really nice guy and there were a lot of families with kids running around which was fun. We went to the Cliffs of Moher, which were amazing and to some good pubs with great live music. There was this thirteen-year-old who sang and played the tin flute and was amazing! Seriously, I think people like him are the reason that people like me have no musical talent. They took it all. Michelle left Doolin a day early to get another new camera because the one she got was bad. I decided to stay in Doolin for some r and r. Had a nice day reading and walking along the beach. It was chilly and windy but there were some great cliffs and rocks so it was a nice walk. That night I had a nice pub dinner with a friend I met at the hostel. Really need to get back on a real budget!

Yesterday I met Michelle and Ben in Dublin. We are at a different hostel but it's pretty nice. We've taken Dublin by storm, hitting the pubs, wandering through the streets, and buying tiger suits. That's right, tiger suits. As in full body, fleece, tiger print outfits. They are amazing! So glad Ben was able to meet us! It seemed like it wasn't going to happen for a while but he made it and the three of us went Ireland crazy!

Tomorrow we all fly out, Ben to the states and Michelle and I to Milan. I'm going to miss Ireland, I like it here even more than I thought I would! The music is so fun and the people are so nice. I love going to pubs where everyone is having a beer and singing along to live music. I wish there was something like it in the states. Guess I'll just have to come back!

Promise to post pictures tomorrow! Can't wait to show you how beautiful it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment